Top Medical Colleges in Tamil Nadu
Medical colleges in Tamil Nadu:
Tamil Nadu has India most medical colleges totaling around 48. Most of the are private and deemed college. Eligibility criteria of MBBS in Tamil Nadu are listed below:
- Candidates applying for MBBS must be a citizen of India.
- Candidate must be at least 17 years of age on December 31, 2019.
- Must have passed all the qualifying examinations of class 12. (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as the main subjects)
- The student from the general category must have passed class 12 with 50% taken together in Physics, chemistry, biology, and English. For SC/ST/OBC and PH 40 and 45 percent respectively.
- Aspirants to be a permanent domicile of Tamil Nadu.
- The student who has studied class 6 to 12th from Tamil Nadu need not to provide Domicile.
Here are the list of top medical colleges in Tamil Nadu:
1. CHRISTIAN MEDICAL COLLEGE – [CMC], VELLORE: CMS Vellore is one of the top and most prestigious medical colleges in India. Established in 1900 by an American missionary, Dr Ida S. Scudda. CMS Vellore is a private, minority-run educational and research institute.
Course offered by CMS Vellur are MBBS, BPT, MD, MS(Surgery) MSc, BSc, B.O.T, MCh, PhD, MPH.
Some of the famous alumni are:
Ajit Varki, medical researcher, director Glycobiology Institute
Binayak Sen, pediatrician, public health specialist, human rights leader, recipient Jonathan Mann Award.
2. Madras Medical College: Madras medical college was established in 1835 and is located in Chennai. It’s the third oldest medical college in India after Ecole de Médicine de Pondichéry and Medical College Kolkata.
Course offered by Madras medical college: MBBS M.B.B.S, B.P.T, B.Pharm, B.Sc Nursing, P.B.B.Sc Nursing, M.D Obstetrics & Gynaecology, M.D Pathology, M.D Psychiatry.
Some of the famous alumni are:
Dean of institution: Dr Jayanthi
Vice-Principal: Dr Bharathi Vidhya Jayanthi
3. Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai- Established in 1985, Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research (SRIHER) is an institute deemed as a University located in Porur, Chennai, India. It was ranked among the top 15 medical schools in India in 2018 by India Today.
Courses offered by (SRIHER): MBBS, D.Sc, Ph.D., D.M, M.Ch, M.D, M.Sc, M.D.S
4. Stanley Medical College, Chennai: Stanley is one of the finest medical colleges in Tamil Nadu. Established in 1938, Stanley Medical college famous for Hand and Reconstructive Microsurgery and a separate cadaver maintenance unit, the first in the country.
Here are the course offered by Stanley Medical college: MBBS, MD General Medicine, MS General Surgery, MS Obstetrics and Gynaecology, MD Paediatrics, MD Dermatology, MS Orthopaedics, M.Ch Surgical Gastroenterology
Vilayanur S. Ramachandran, Neurologist and Cognitive Science researcher
Govindappa Venkataswamy, founder of Aravind Eye Hospitals
5. Coimbatore Medical College, Coimbatore: Coimbatore medical college is a government-run medical college and recognized by the medical council of India. Established in 1966, CMC medical college has 30 departments with libraries and laboratories.
Here are the course offered by Coimbatore medical college: MBBS, MD general medicine, MS general surgery, MD Obstetrics and Gynaecology, MD Obstetrics and Gynaecology, MD Pathology
6. SRM Medical College Hospital and Research Center, Chennai: SRM Medical college is one of the elite medical college in Tamil Nadu. SRM Medical college started in 2005 and intake 150 students in a year.
Here are the courses offered by SRM medical college: MBBS, BDS, MD, MDS, MSc, BSc.
7. Government Villupuram Medical College, Villupuram: Established in 2010, Government Villupuram medical college located in Mundiyampakkam village in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. Villupuram medical college accepts 100 medical students yearly and has 85 seat reserve for state people.
Here are the course offered by Government Villupuram medical college: Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, Post-graduation in General Medicine, General Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Paediatrics
8. Saveetha Medical College and Hospital: Saveetha medical college and hospital is a constituent college of Saveetha University, a deemed to be the university. Saveetha medical college is one of the finest medical college in Tamil Nadu and is established in 2008.
Here are the course offered by Saveetha Medical College and Hospital: B.Sc. M.D. M.Sc. M.S. D.M. M.Ch. M.B.B.S. PhD
9. PSG Institute of Medical Sciences and Research: PSG institute of medical science and research is in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. It was established in 1985, part of PSG group.
Here are the course offered by PSG Institute of medical sciences and research: M.D. Diploma M.S. D.M. M.B.B.S. M.Ch.
10. Mohan Kumaramangalam Medical College: Mohan Kumaramangalam Medical College is a government-managed medical college established in 1985. It is Salem, Tamil Nadu. College has 100 MBBS seats and 80 post-graduate seats.
Here are the course offered by Mohan Kumaramangalam Medical College: MBBS, MD, MS, DM, M.Ch